Traditional Witches and Pagans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The seasonal festivals you celebrate

4 posters

Go down

The seasonal festivals you celebrate Empty The seasonal festivals you celebrate

Post  Chatters Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:08 am

Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone here works with a cycle of seasonal festivals, I know some witches do and others don't. Personally I don't work with them all. I have chosen to work with as the others don't feel right to me. These are samhain, midwinter, imbolc, spring (Vernal) equinox and the autumnal equinox. I enjoy celebrating beginnings and giving thanks as the year draws to a close and winter begins.
Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The seasonal festivals you celebrate Empty Re: The seasonal festivals you celebrate

Post  melodye Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:30 pm

Chatters wrote:Hi everyone

I was wondering if anyone here works with a cycle of seasonal festivals, I know some witches do and others don't. Personally I don't work with them all. I have chosen to work with as the others don't feel right to me. These are samhain, midwinter, imbolc, spring (Vernal) equinox and the autumnal equinox. I enjoy celebrating beginnings and giving thanks as the year draws to a close and winter begins.

Hey Chatters!

I don't.

I tried in my early days but it just didn't feel right.

Being in the southern hemisphere I'd need to flip all of the festivals by 6 months and it just felt fake and forced. These events are not a part of my upbringing or heritage.

I acknowledge the solstices and equinoxes and I celebrate Christmas with my family. Growing up Xmas was never a religious event. It was about food, family and fun!

melodye

Back to top Go down

The seasonal festivals you celebrate Empty Re: The seasonal festivals you celebrate

Post  Chatters Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:06 pm

melodye wrote:
Chatters wrote:Hi everyone

Hey Chatters!

I don't.

I tried in my early days but it just didn't feel right.

Being in the southern hemisphere I'd need to flip all of the festivals by 6 months and it just felt fake and forced. These events are not a part of my upbringing or heritage.

I acknowledge the solstices and equinoxes and I celebrate Christmas with my family. Growing up Xmas was never a religious event. It was about food, family and fun!

I know I have often heard of people saying this that live on the other side of the world, can understand that. For me it is just about nature and the changing seasons - always feels very earthy and not anything to to do with a god/goddesses - at least not for me. For the most part I acknowledge and get into celebrating a few - the ones I can celebrate and share with my husband. Other wise it is simply noticing the seasons.

Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  loki1980 Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:59 am

i celebrate the same ones as you chats, as you know.
I feel that some of the wiccan cycle is total rubbish and theres no need to worship them. but thats just my opion tho.
I feel whole heartedly that witchcraft is in your heart and you should do what you are comfortable with, not follow the trend!
loki1980
loki1980
Admin
Admin

https://traditionalwitches.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatters Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:05 am

loki1980 wrote:i celebrate the same ones as you chats, as you know.
I feel that some of the wiccan cycle is total rubbish and theres no need to worship them. but thats just my opion tho.
I feel whole heartedly that witchcraft is in your heart and you should do what you are comfortable with, not follow the trend!

Completely agree. I honour the seasons themselves and not the myths or the lives of gods and goddesses associated with them.
Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhainn Mon Feb 28, 2011 5:49 pm

I'm more of a seasonal observer. Especially Spring and Autumn. I noticed today that the red new growth on the shrubs are creeping out, and some of the trees are blooming purple. Since my magic depends almost solely on nature and my interaction with it, I try to focus on the changing seasons and work with the energies that correspond, without adhering to a specific celebration.

Abhainn

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatters Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:56 am

Abhainn wrote:I'm more of a seasonal observer. Especially Spring and Autumn. I noticed today that the red new growth on the shrubs are creeping out, and some of the trees are blooming purple. Since my magic depends almost solely on nature and my interaction with it, I try to focus on the changing seasons and work with the energies that correspond, without adhering to a specific celebration.

sounds good to me, I find cooking with the seans is lovely too, but hard work sometimes. I hope to do more of that this year
Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum