Traditional Witches and Pagans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/11 whats your opinion

4 posters

Go down

9/11 whats your opinion Empty 9/11 whats your opinion

Post  loki1980 Wed Sep 07, 2011 1:32 pm

yet again this year ive been watching all the 9/11 stuff, and yet again ive got angry, us as witches are one of the most peaceful "religions" on earth, yet we are still outcast as devil worshippers etc, but not once have you heard of a coven of witches doing a terrorist act! people killing innocents in the name of a false god, is sick, well its sicker than sick. do these people have proof that there "god" exists? no they dont, its based on here say and a big story book to create fear into none believers. whats your spin, id love to hear. Smile
loki1980
loki1980
Admin
Admin

https://traditionalwitches.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

9/11 whats your opinion Empty Re: 9/11 whats your opinion

Post  Jarl Fri Sep 09, 2011 9:08 am

I believe that all religions are valid, people just have different names and traditions. The problem comes when fundamentalists use and brainwash people into doing things in the name of god. Much as Hitler did to justify what he was doing.
Jarl
Jarl
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joeyv Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:51 am

It was probably the most horrible event in my life time. I also am adamantly opposed to those religious fundamentalists who perpetrate these actions at what ever level, being it knocking down buildings or harrassing witches.
Finally, Bin Laden is on that magic carpet ride, courtesy of the U.S. Navy SEALs.
Ya just gotta love those guys.

joeyv

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarl Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:20 am

Its pretty ironic that Bush called for a war on terrorism when the US government funded the IRA in Ireland. It may not have had the same world impact as 9/11 but certainly the northern Irish lived through 30+ years of fear of car bombings and shootings. At least they generally gave cities warnings if they had planted a bomb and in many cases were they hadnt to promote fear and panic. Even myself living at a fairly save distance from the majority of terror attacks felt the impact of it. I remember them destroying Manchester city centre and how much my friend was scared because his pregnant girlfriend had gone there shopping for the day. Also having to evacuate work because the IRA had said they had planted a bomb in the near by train station.

Did you know bars in Boston in America used to sell cocktails called "car bomb" and "kill a Brit"?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/1563119.stm
Jarl
Jarl
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joeyv Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:38 am

I have to confess my ignorance about the U.S. funding the I.R.A. I 'm curious though, with all of the people who stay abreast of the wanton use of force here in the U.S. that no one even whimpered a word about the atrocities that occurred in thew U.K. We have a very active anti war faction in this country, so i must say I'm surprised our news media didn't seem to think it was news worthy.
As far as G.W.Bush is concerned, we should have never entered Iraq as they were fairly well contained and Sadam pretty much had a handle on the tribal issues in that country. Before this meanders into politics, I will say that terrorism in any form is to be condemned.
Loki's topic was regarding the bad treatment of witches. I don't see it that much here in the states and It seems to be growing as far as the numbers of folks getting involved in witchcraft. A lot of it is Wicca based and I've not encountered too many traditional witches other than my wife and her cousin.There is a lot of fluff out there and I am being careful to ensure I'm on a path that is rewarding and will always encourage me to learn more.

joeyv

Back to top Go down

Post  Jarl Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:25 pm

The link i posted says a lot more about it than i can. For the topic of witchcraft i tend to think it depends on which part of America you live in. Some of my American friends have had some really bad experiences such as those who come from a strict Christian upbringing especially from the bible belt. It also depends on how you act as a witch. If your walking around covered in pentagrams etc all the time and wondering why people get funny with you.
Jarl
Jarl
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatters Wed Sep 14, 2011 1:48 pm

I too believe that all religions are valid and have some truth underneath. When tragedies like this happen, I think it is a mixture of hatred, religion and usually war. Most people that follow their own religion and follow it how it is meant to be followed, are for the most part peaceful and just want to live their lives.

What I find completely ironic is how some conspiracy theorists believe that witchcraft was involved. No it was extremist religious nutcases. Which unfortunately you find in every religion in the world. Do we have extremists in witchcraft, I have no idea. I have never met an extremist witch or pagan.

However as I said I find it ironic that some say that witchcraft was involved when it was religious extremists that hijacked the planes!!! The two dont go together to me, just thinking out loud, what do others think of this?
Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joeyv Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:12 pm

I don't recall ever seeing any connection to witchcraft with what occurred on 9/11. I'm not saying it didn't happen but there wasn't a whole lot of press here regarding that issue.
I would not be a bit surprised if some of the zealots we have here didn't try to make some convoluted connection with the terrorists actions and witchcraft.
For the most part, witches have been treated fairly well around here, but there are still those who call us "devils" and "demons".
My wifes' family thinks that my wife is crazy because of her belief in the craft and they are bible thumpers.
And that's about all, bible thumpers, as I could dwarf them very easily with their knowledge of the bible. I'm pretty well read regarding the bible.
Some folks like to put on a showy display in the churches here in the states and as well there are some new agers who are all trussed up with pentagrams and such that can bring the wrong kind of attention to themselves.
There have been other acts by some that have captured the attention of law enforcement due to the destructive acts commited while leaving pentagram like grafiti and other things that I won't mention here.
I feel that those of us who follow witchcraft have a responsibility to conduct ourselves decently and the way I conduct myself is that it is no ones business what I believe and think.
I do not push my beliefs on others or put on a showy display.
To me, real power and peace comes with humility and love as well as being grounded in my personal beliefs and practices.

joeyv

Back to top Go down

Post  loki1980 Thu Sep 15, 2011 3:17 am

i have said this on another forum before and i was quickly jumped on, i have watched all the conspiracy videos, and some stuff still dont make perfect sense to me. i hasen to add that america, have and will fund lower range exetemeist groups by selling arms and intell to them. they did fund the ira. even now after what al queda did, they are training afgan soilders in killing. wheres the sense in that? the quicker religons open there eyes and see, that it wont be the muslims christains etc that end the world through lack of belief it will be mother nature herself, and she will take every last one of us, no matter of religion, creed or colour. i just hope she does it quick Smile
loki1980
loki1980
Admin
Admin

https://traditionalwitches.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  joeyv Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:10 am

The ATF here forced gun dealers to sell to straw purchasers in a scheme called "Fast and Furious" in order to trace the weapons to Mexican drug cartels. Well, it seems that this scheme worked in a way that back fired on the ATF ( Bureau Of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms). Google it up. It will make you sick to see how inept government can be. People are dead behind this scheme and more will surely become victims with the idiocy of government bureaucracy.

joeyv

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatters Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:32 am

I agree Loki, I think mother nature will sort herself out in the end, and that will be a big cleanse
Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum