Traditional Witches and Pagans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A welcome and basic rules

Go down

A welcome and basic rules  Empty A welcome and basic rules

Post  Chatters Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:20 am

This is a forum for TRADITIONAL witches and pagans; I welcome all ADULTS - (must be over 18 years at least) from all different witchcraft and pagan practises and beliefs.

This forum came about after Maggie Smith and I (Amanda McCormick) became friends in about 2007/08 discussed the idea and decided to venture into the internet to reach other likeminded souls. The creators and main admins for the page are Amanda McCormick and Maggie Smith and Michael Jarl Oakes is the main admin. At this time we do not need any other admins. We think there is plenty.

The group has been created to attract like-minded witches to the group. Witches that are very practical in nature are very welcome. For example we expect the group to be based more around the everyday life of the witch, what are your experiences, your practices, we don’t mean share all your secrets. However please do chat about the type of charms you make, the protections you might build around your home etc. I am also very interested in discussions that cover the old way of living such as the crafts - wood crafting, sewing and embroidery, knot magic, land - growing your own foods, wild crafting. This is NOT a philosophy group, so if you come here expecting deep nitty gritty conversations, you will be very disappointed as this group was created to discuss the more practical aspects of the craft and is more of a discussion group. It is about what we do as witches, this will include charms, spell craft, hex craft, spells, living life as a witch and hedge craft – such as spirit work and divination, mirror scrying etc.

The group has a lovely earthy witchcraft feel and I would appreciate it if members could respect this.

Please be yourself, speak as you would in the real world, also remembering that this is a traditional witchcraft and pagans group, please reframe from blessed be, brothers and sisters etc. As many in the group do not really appreciate this and would rather be greeted in the normal every day manner.

Last edited by Chatters on Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 8 times in total
Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

A welcome and basic rules  Empty The ground Rules - further to the above post

Post  Chatters Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:25 pm

1. Please do not make unrelated posts that do not have anything to do with traditional witchcraft
2. Ask meaningful questions that may start good discussion. If you ask a question, please add more information. If you come and say this spell didn’t work, say what and why YOU think it didn’t work, do not expect easy answers. We are happy to guide people new to witchcraft but we will not carry you.
3. Because we want to keep the forum down to earth and based around traditional witchcraft and paganism, it has been decided that some tough decisions sometimes need to be made, i.e. if we feel that the forum is not for someone, we may ask the person to leave and delete their membership.
4. Admins reserve the right to modify and update the rules as appropriate and as they see fit
5. If you have a real problem with the admins do not attack them in the forum posts, please discuss with the admins in private and in a RESPECTFUL MANNER
6. I repeat DO NOT make personal attacks on another member of the group, expect for someone to come back with the same, if you do. I will not delete a member that is simply defending themselves. However I will remove the member causing the trouble in the first place, the member will have three warnings but if it is felt that the attack was totally unprovoked or that three warnings will be the waste of time, the member will be removed after discussion between the admins and the creators/admins of the forum.
7. DO NOT SPAM, spamming will not be tolerated, it will be removed as will the member spamming. Also this is not a place to promote your business or items that you want to sell. If You want to promote a website or blog, please ask the admins permission first. Any posted without permission will be removed.
8. DO NOT post work that is not yours. If you do link it to their work, this is only polite and ethical, how would you like if someone pinched your hard earned work. This is THE ONLY time I will ask for a link

Last of all. as I said earlier this is a discussion group and is not an educatitional / teaching / philsopy or history group so expect people to get things wrong sometimes, we are all human. Don't jump on someones head just because they have not provided this link or that link . Discuss it calmly and as adults

Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down