Traditional Witches and Pagans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

imbolc rituals

2 posters

Go down

imbolc rituals Empty imbolc rituals

Post  firebird Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:57 pm

Here is a link to explain a little more about it
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imbolc

Personally its not something I celebrate/ritualise......but am interested in those that do. So what do you do and do u celebrate on 1st/2nd Feb or according to the old calendar on the 12th??????
firebird
firebird

Back to top Go down

imbolc rituals Empty Re: imbolc rituals

Post  Chatters Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:39 am

I celebrate Brighids day - well not on the day but around that time, and I celebrate more along with nature. I'm a garden nut and a nature lover so watching the first signs of life pop up through the cold soil makes me bounce cheers

I don't really celebrate or practice rituals around any god or goddesses but I do like the spirit of brighid, have done for many years. Think it may have something to do with my irish ancestry. Both sides of the family, my great grandads were irish as well as my great Nanas family. So maybe thats why I feel very drawn to brighid. I see the gods and goddness as myths based on the nature and the ancient people trying to understnd life around them through the myths and the stories but I also think they may be some truth. Some myths may be based on or come from personal stories and experiances, ancient people were much more in conect with nature and the other world/ancesters then we are today. Its from this perspective and other theories I have, that I believe that god and goddnesses are higher spirits and guardians.

I will begin celebrating in my garden very soon, have already begun tidying as soon as I saw the first signs of life. But still to cold to sow or plant anything outside just yet. I normally do work around bringing prosperity and healing to my garden - working with soil and the new plants poking though the ground. This is wghen I do more workings around the coming year. Especially for luck in all kinds of properity - health, money, love, healing. It always feels very positive. Its a lovely energenic awaking and is great for healing and clearing your own mind and doing cleansing of all kinds.

I'm quite a practical witch as you can see. When I practice it is usually with some kind of practical work - planting, sowing, cooking, cleaning or making something such as a charm, a tea blend or a spell jar.
Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum