Traditional Witches and Pagans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Meeting Jarl

2 posters

Go down

Meeting Jarl Empty Meeting Jarl

Post  Jarl Thu Sep 08, 2011 12:25 pm

Hi, my named is Michael (Mike) i also use the witch name "Jarl" (meanin earl in Scandinavian languages ) for my artwork etc.
I live in Cheshire, England with my girlfriend Jessica (otherwise known as fish) and my youngest son and 3 step children. I also have 2 other chirldren from previous relationship and a marridge.
I became interested in the paranormal 24 years ago and bought my first book on witchcraft (by the farrar's) 19 years ago. I didnt start practicing straight away but over the years studyed many occult practices. I always found strongly drawn to wicca however i disagreed with many of the beliefs. I would describe myself now as a hedge rider (or Hedgewitch not to be confused with the idea of it being merly a solitary Wiccan!) the hedge being a boundery between the physical and metaphysical. I think of it as a mix of tradional witchcraft and shamanism. This really seems to fit me perfectly.
I occationally work magic with a friend who is a Christian and master freemason who as accepted witchcraft into his views and claims there are similiarities between freemasonary and the craft. As such i have a formal ritual based magic background.
I believe there are no right or wrong ways to honour the divine or spirits. I dont claim that my beliefs are correct and others are wrong. I just believe i work in a way that most compliments me.
I am very drawn to nature. I am artist and poet in my spare time. My main hobby is visiting spiritual / historic/ folklore places. Everywhere from sacred springs/ wells to castles, stone circles to ancient churches (which have far more pagan accoiations than you would expect!) i also do artwork/ poetry/ photography from these places and am planning to put them in book form.
My parents were both agnostic so wasnt influenced by any religion. However my dad did teach me to keep an open mind and as a young man our debates on various religous / scientific beliefs and theories would go on late into the night
I suspect that maybe my grandmothers where not witches, but certainly had folk magic running in there blood but this might be wishful thinking lol.
I am also well versed in Mythology (classical Greek, Roman, Celtic etc), History, Folklore and Theology. To name a few
Jarl
Jarl
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Meeting Jarl Empty Re: Meeting Jarl

Post  melodye Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:58 pm

Hey Jarl. Great intro!

Mel

melodye

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: