Traditional Witches and Pagans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thoughts on covens?

+2
deadlock
Abhainn
6 posters

Go down

Thoughts on covens? Empty Thoughts on covens?

Post  Abhainn Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:16 pm

My husband was accepted to medical school in El Paso, Texas. We're moving this June right after the school year ends (farewell and good riddance, Killeen!) I'm all for change, and I've already found a pagan/witch group in the area that I will meet during Spring Break when hubs and I visit. For a while, I've been considering the pros and cons of a coven, and if I can find one in El Paso, I'd like to join just to get a chance to work with other witches, even if they're not trad. Anyone have any thoughts?

Abhainn

Abhainn

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on covens? Empty Re: Thoughts on covens?

Post  deadlock Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:14 am

in all honesty?? dont bother, covens are very constructed, the "high preiesess will have end say on what spells are conducted and how.... and majority of covens are wiccan based and your therories ( because i know u) wont be tolerated and you soon will be outcast or belittled.
make sure u check out this coven first, if they say you must have sexual relations with those in hierachy. they are bullshitting you and you get the hell out of there.
end of day you must do what you think is right..for you.. and your craft. Traditionals are a secretive bunch, and very unique in the way the practice which is frowned upon by other wiccan groups, because of our readiness to hex, and our belief that love and light doesnt protect your arse. I personally think that this would be such a wrong move for you. i dont mean this to cause you any offence i just think traditionals should practice alone, do your own spells without having an hieracrchy to tell you what you should and shouldnt be doing and how to do it... now in my opinon you are a true traditional, now ill ask you a question..
do you need help to wipe your ass? do you need help tying your shoes?... no you dont so why even consider back tracking and joining a coven?
Evil or Very Mad
deadlock
deadlock
Admin
Admin

https://traditionalwitches.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  loki1980 Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:17 am

for lokis opinion see above Cool
loki1980
loki1980
Admin
Admin

https://traditionalwitches.forumotion.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhainn Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:11 pm

No, deadlock, I'm perfectly potty-trained. Smile I'm not considering a coven because I need help, but because I don't have any face-to-face interaction with other witches, and while forums are great for sharing ideas, etc., I would like to have a real-time, engaging conversation with another witch or two, regardless of wiccan/trad. I'm pretty open-minded. Trust me, I wouldn't get involved with a coven that requires a sex-in. I'm happily married and that keeps me busy enough. Wink

Abhainn

Back to top Go down

Post  loki1980 Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:54 am

good to hear,inthat case do what you wish, i dont have face time with any other witch, basically i have bad experiences from that, i do have one very close witch friend who i trust with my life ( she knows who she is) and i know she will be there to help whenever i need and thats good enough for me.
loki1980
loki1980
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on covens? Empty Open to the public ddays

Post  Naga Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:57 am

Some covens have an open gathering for new people and solitaries to join in group gatherings and celebrations. Ask around and see if there are any covens that have a time where they are open to more general gatherings.

Once you have a desire formed it is like the universe conspires to bring you just what you wanted.
Naga
Naga

http://deepfunny-indigodog.blogspot.cpm/

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhainn Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks, Naga. I'll look into that. Smile

Abhainn

Back to top Go down

Post  Chatters Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:17 am

Do what feels right for you, if there are open gatherings, go have a look, and just get a feel of the people there and the coven’s practices, you can always leave if it isn’t for you. I know there is a coven near me, it’s a teaching coven but for me it didn’t appeal. This coven asked people to first visit group meetings if interested, people then attended for a while before both sides decided if it was for them. Maybe you could look into something like that before joining a coven

Last edited by Chatters on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:40 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : move instead of both!!!)
Chatters
Chatters
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Abhainn Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:20 pm

Thanks, chats. I've joined a pagan/wiccan/witchcraft group in El Paso, and I'll see if they can point me in the right direction.

Abhainn

Back to top Go down

Post  melodye Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:11 pm

Abhainn wrote: I don't have any face-to-face interaction with other witches, and while forums are great for sharing ideas, etc., I would like to have a real-time, engaging conversation with another witch or two, regardless of wiccan/trad. Wink

Yeah I don't think you need a coven for that. Try the pagan festivals that are out there. Or try and find people online and just meet up for coffee.

To be honest I've never had great experiences with real life witches either. In 16 years I've met 2 woman in the real world who turned out the be 2 of my best friends. But other than that.... Crraaaazzzyyyy!

melodye

Back to top Go down

Post  loki1980 Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:14 am

ive got 2 witch friends, one i trust with my life, the other i go to when im in the shit. other than that, besides the people on here, i think other "witches" have watched too much sabrina for my liking. Smile
loki1980
loki1980
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down